Contract Administrative Assistant At ACDI/VOCA
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for maintaining the front desk, performing administrative duties, and assisting staff as necessary. This position reports to the Director of Office Operations.
- Answer all incoming calls on the main phone console politely and pleasantly and direct calls to the appropriate person.
- Properly route calls and answer basic questions accurately and thoughtfully following ACDI/VOCA’s procedures, programs, and protocols.
- Notify security of expected visitors.
- Greet visitors and notify staff of their arrival; direct visitors to restrooms and coat closet; monitor visitor access and provide visitor information to security lobby.
- Responsible for the distribution of incoming and outgoing packages, mail, E-faxes and intra-office communications.
- Accept, log in, and notify staff of incoming packages and deliveries. Arrange for courier service as needed.
- Keep tracking log of incoming and outgoing International Documents, having courier sign for items picked up (PVS, DHL).
- Serve as a general resource for all staff and help train and assist new staff with office procedures when needed.
- Assist with handling logistics for internal meetings and events, such as ordering food and accepting delivery, booking conference room for large meetings/events/trainings.
- Assist the Director of Office Operations with handling logistics for external meetings and events, such as Quarterly Staff Meetings, holiday parties, and annual staff events.
- Monitor emergency announcements on TV and by email alerts; notify Director or the VP, Office Operations & Risk Management on matters of interest.
- Maintain the professional appearance of the reception area.
- Process payment requests for invoices and corporate credit card under the supervision of the Director of Office Operations.
- Ensure proper coding and follow up with vendors when necessary.
- Manage mobile device distribution process for overseas travels. Assist in maintaining appropriate filing and up-to-date information for both hard copy documents and electronic files, including payment requests, organization directories, division manuals, and office guides.
- In the absence of the Facilities Administrator, stock all kitchens, coffee stations, and copy rooms and process mail.
- Assist Director of Office Operations upon request and assume other duties as assigned.
- Assist the Director of Office Operations by communicating between staff and building management.
- Keep staff up to date with building changes, services and other news. Perform other duties as required.
While the requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required; reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Associate Degree required; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Some work experience in an office setting required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft, Excel, Word, Power Point, SharePoint and other Microsoft programs.
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize effectively. Professional demeanor and customer service orientation.
- Familiarity with safety and security procedures preferred.
- Fluency in English required, French and/or Spanish language skills preferred.
- Demonstrated excellence in oral, written and reading comprehension abilities.
- Ability to work independently, gather/monitor information, and solve problems.
- Ability to learn about international development topics and current issues preferred. Detail-orientation, flexibility & adaptability, customer service and resourcefulness.
How to Apply
- Please apply online at http://www.acdivoca.org/work-with-us/. No phone calls please.
- Only finalists will be contacted. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
- Peace Corps, AmeriCorps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply. EOE/AA. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
289 total views, 1 today