Full-Time Medical Officers: FOCOS Orthopaedic Hospital – Accra
FOCOS mission is to provide comprehensive, affordable orthopaedic care to those who would not otherwise have access to such treatment. In particular, FOCOS seeks to enhance access to optimal surgical and non-surgical care for patients with disabling musculoskeletal disorders including complex spine deformities and pediatric orthopaedic problems in underserved regions. It began as a dream of the founder to see the best care reach the underserved in his native country, Ghana and the sub-Saharan region.
- Provides out-patients care and refer appropriately outside area of specialty
- Participates as a member of the Medical Team in providing care, monitoring and evaluation of patients on admission
- Prepares doctors notes as well as discharge notes
- Provides weekend coverage as per approved schedule
- Assists with clearing of patients for travel
- Liaises with relevant departments in ensuring optimum care to clients/patients
- Participates in quality improvement programs and or activities.
- Assists perform surgical operations/clinical procedures within identified competency
- Provides support and information to patients/relatives as and when necessary.
- Conducts/participates in:
- Ward Rounds
- Clinical meetings
- Morbidity/mortality meetings
- Clinico -Pathological conferences
- Journals’ clubs
- Participates in district and community health programs as and when required
- Conducts/participates in operational research
- Be actively involved in the issues of infection prevention and control.
- Ensures compliance with the hospital and departmental policies and procedures by team members.
- Performs any other duty that may be assigned by management from time to time
Required Skills or Experience
- MB ChB/BDS or equivalent with a minimum of 2 years post housemanship
- A valid License to practice in Ghana
- Continuous Professional Training across a wide range of clinical issues
- Good practice in Outpatient and inpatient care.
- Knowledge of health and safety relevant to this post.
- Knowledge in spinal care is an advantage.
- Basic surgical skills
- Supervisory skills
- Advanced life support/resuscitation skills
- Report writing and presentation skill
- Analytical and problem solving skill
- Ability to initiate and maintain clear, concise documentation
How to ApplyInterested Applicants should email their CV’s to [email protected] with the job title clearly stated. Deadline: 30th April 2020.
500 total views, 1 today